Thursday 12 April 2012

What's happening in Term 2?


  • We have a little work to finish from term 1.  We will complete our activities on Roald Dahl's book  The Twits and write a character description.
  • Parents will be invited in for an open morning a few times during the term.  At this time they can look around our room with their children and take a look in their books.  Parents could double check their child has crayons and felt pens.  We have ample supplies of lead pencils, erasers and glue already that were sent in on the first day.  It is not a parent interview time.
  • Parent teacher interviews will be arranged towards the beginning of the term.
  • We will begin to learn all about procedural texts.  This includes; recipes, instructions, science experiments and magic tricks.  
  • We will showcase our talents in Master Chef Presentations and a Science Fair!!!! I have added a lot of links to the Science Page to get you thinking about experiments.
  • We will build our knowledge in Mathematics by extending our number skills to hundreds and thousands.
  • We will be studying the history of schooling in Australia and probably go on an excursion to launch this topic.
  • We will continue to post on our blog to keep you updated with exciting learning and events.
This is going to be another action packed term.  I can't wait.  Ms Taylor

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ms Taylor,
    We are having a wonderful holiday at Straddie and even saw dolphins. Now I am looking forward to going back to school because Masterchef sounds fun.
    By Callum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to next term. I saw Christos, Ethan and Geordan at soccer match this morning too. I was the goal keeper in the first half and then I ran around the field for the rest.
    Love
    Hannah S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Taylor and the children,

    How interesting your term is going to be! I wish I were back at school again! I loved school a lot--pity it couldn't last forever!
    Now, your plan for this term sounds really interesting, but I am most interested in the point about the history of schooling in Australia--I can't wait for you to be learning about that. Luka, you will have to tell me about it.
    Kind regards,
    Veronika

    ReplyDelete