Sunday 26 February 2012

Help your child to feel successful when reading


Suggestions for comments when your child is reading 

©        You are doing an excellent job with those tricky words
©        You are working very hard to make sense of what you are reading
©        I like the way you re-read that bit to check that it made sense
©        I like the way you stopped when it didn’t sound right and you self-corrected
©        You are concentrating well
©        I knew you would do a great job with this book
©        Your reading is very smooth (fluent)
©        I like the way you tried that hard word by sounding out the beginning
©        I like the way you used the context to make a sensible prediction
©        You are very good at pointing to the words
©        It’s great that you know what that word started with
©        Sounding some words helps you to work them out
©        I can see that you know the words have to make sense
©        I enjoyed listening to your reading
©        I noticed that you stopped at each full stop and took a break at the commas
©        I could tell that you really enjoyed this book – I could hear it in your voice
©        Well done, that was a good choice of book
©        I think your reading is improving every day
©        You read with good expression–you used your voice in an interesting way
©        Good thinking and problem solving
©        You sound very confident
©        I like the way you asked questions when you didn’t understand
©        You did a great job of explaining the pictures to me
©        You should be very proud of yourself
©        I like the way you linked something in the book to something you have done
©        You seem to really understand this story
©        Well done for remembering the tricky words

No comments:

Post a Comment