Wednesday 23 May 2012

Super Powers, Get Set Go Lessons and Simultaneous Story Time

At 10.30 am we participated in the National Simultaneous Story Time.  We listened to Mrs P read the story on You Tube and some of us had a turn at the IPad app that Mrs Hutchins purchased for us.

Here is another version which is not as great as Mrs P's version but still enjoyable.




We also learnt the ow sound. Then we got onto super powers because power has the sound in it.  Here are some of our ideas.

I would like to fly so I can fly away from school.  By Geordan

I want to be able to have the power of heat and turn into a man made of fire like in Ben Ten.  By Conner

I would like to fly so I could touch the clouds and jump on clouds.  By Niamh

I would like to be a mermaid so I could breath under water.  By Claudia

I would like controlling power so I could control people if they were naughty.  By Hannah S

I would like to fly so I can see the view really well.  By Ella

I would like the power of invisibility so then I could sneak home from school and none would see me.  By Freya

I would like to be jelly man so if someone wanted to punch me it would go straight through.  By Vivian

I would like to be invisible so I could sneak into the kitchen at night and eat my Mum's Tim Tams.  By Abby

I wish I had the Ben Ten Ultimatrix so I can turn into any of his powerful aliens.  By Nicholas

I want to fly and be able to dissipate and reappear as fast as a click.  By Percy

I want to teleport to different dimensions.  By Josh

I would like to disappear.  By Mikayla

I would like to breath underwater.  By Callum

When I go in water,  I want to get a mermaid tail.  By Kate

My magical power is to have a wishing mirror.  By Emma

I would like to move things without touching them. By Hannah B

I would like to be the fire man from Fantastic Four.  By Ethan

I want to have electromagnetic forces.  By Joseph

My favorite super power is Spiderman's web.  By Luka

I would like super strength.  By Finn

I would like to be invisible.  By Imogen and Maya

I would like to fly.  By Hannah L

I would like to have a bubble around me so if someone shoots a bullet at me I wouldn't get hurt.  By Zoe

I would like to be stretchy like in the Incredibles.  By Melina

I can swing around in the buildings and if I fall down I would have a parachute.  By Andre

My super power is climbing tall buildings like Spiderman.  By Theo

This week in Get Set Go lessons the children learnt basketball skills.
It is very important to hold your bouncing hand like a spider and push the ball down with the pads of your fingers not your finger tips or palms.  You should also try to bounce the ball a little in front of your body and just to the side otherwise it lands on your feet.  If you push too hard you cannot control the ball and if you push too softly you have to crouch right down and this would not be good in a game. When the teacher says to freeze the children all put the ball between their feet so they can listen to the next instruction.  It was the teacher's birthday today.  We could tell because she was wearing a giant birthday badge so we sang Happy Birthday to her.  Happy birthday, Janet.


















2 comments:

  1. Dear 2 T,
    Hey,great Basketball dribbling, and great smiles while you use your Spider hands, and keep control of your ball while you are moving!!!!!
    And I must mention what wonderful singers you all are. Thank you 2 T, and St Ita's for a great Birthday - you have all given me one of the warmest birthday's ever .... I'm sure you have given me the record number of "Happy Birthday" songs.

    Great Basketballers, Great Learners, Great Birthday. Thank YOU!
    See you all next week for more dribbling, and some chest passes,
    Janette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for helping us learn different things. It is really fun! By Luka

    ReplyDelete