Friday 2 March 2012

Baby Kate's Bath














On Thursday, Hannah's Mum, Susan, brought in her new baby Kate to demonstrate how a baby is bathed.  I am really sorry I missed it.  Some children also missed out  because they attend Greek School and Drama classes in the afternoon.  Everyone wrote about it today.  Here are some unedited recounts.

Recounts typically begin with an introductory sentence answering what, where, who, when and why.  They recount the events in order and use 'time' words like next, after, then and lastly.  At the end a personal opinion is usually given.  The introductory sentence was jointly constructed and key words for each event were listed on the board.

Our focus in writing has been using a capital to begin a sentence and a full stop to end.  The next focus will  be learning the skills of how to self edit work.

Thank you to Susan for allowing us to share such a wonderful experience.  Nearly half the class have not seen a baby bathed before.

6 comments:

  1. Hi 2B - The recount's about baby Kate's look really nice and neat and really interesting to read well done by Niamh and her dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear 2B. I'am Ethan's grandmother and live just outside of Stanthorpe. Today Ethan came up to Stanthorpe and showed me this web page and I was so proud to see his writing and the other children as well. It is certainly a wonderful year 2B.

    From Lyn (Ethan's Grandmother)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ethan. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend in Stanthorpe. Drive safely back to Brisbane, the roads are very wet here. I am glad your Grandmother is enjoying our blog. It will be a lovely way for her to look at what you are doing at school. Take care of Mum while she is recovering. Ms Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear 2B,
    I enjoyed visiting you all and having a bath in your classroom. Hannah and Mummy read some of your written recounts to me. I like hearing voices and being spoken to. Even more than that, I like having songs sung to me. See you around at school
    Love
    Baby Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kate, thank you for coming to visit the children. I was very sad to miss seeing you have a bath. Ms Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recounts 2B. I enjoyed reading your work.

    ReplyDelete