Friday 9 March 2012

More Dr Suess


The class made Truffula Trees from the Lorax out of pipe cleaners, fuzzy balls and beads and mounted them in Play Doh.  They chose either the Lorax, the Once-ler of Dr Suess and made an appropriate comment.  The children worked really hard on this project.






















































 On Friday we summed up what we know about The Lorax under the headings; title, author, setting, author's purpose, complication and resoulution.  We presented it on a giant Truffula Tree which is on our front door if you would like to see it.  Inside the room we also have a display of Cat in the Hat hats which record our favourite Dr Suess books.  I will post a photo of this after we graph the results next week.


11 comments:

  1. Dear 2b from Ethan I love our blog, especially with all the Lorax thing and I hope the movie I made was successful and I hope I did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 2T. Unfortunately the movie you made today was too soft and when I played it back you couldn't really hear what was going on. It isn't good enough sound for the blog but we can watch it in class on Wednesday. I was very happy with it and your talents of improvisation amazed me. Ms Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. To 2B
    Your trees are very nice. I tried to find the one my brother made. I like the story of The Lorax as well. Did you really make a movie? Can we watch it in our class?
    From Beth in 2A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that your poster is really COOL! I read the poster today and I liked what you wrote on your poster 2B. It is wonderful.
    From Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear 2b I can't believe
    that we 5,919 visited our blog from Ethan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear children and Mrs Taylor,

    wow, what a great project the Lorax project is! Luka has been telling me all about it, but I didn't realise how much work has gone into it! It goes to show how important it is to work hard--the results are great!

    Have a great day today and I hope all the children are well!

    Regards,
    Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madonna (Joseph)13 March 2012 at 07:28

    Love the Lorax and how colourful is that Truffula tree! I wish real trees were like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks just like in the book and the movie. by Luka.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi year 2,
    I like that counting song it is really cool. I think our blog is really cool too!
    By Finn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ms Taylor and 2B,
    I love all the work you have done on "THE LORAX" and all the wonderful trees you've made.Looking after God's creation is very important.
    Theo very interested in other books by Dr Suess. He really loves "I wish that I had duck feet". I use to love that one too.
    I can't wait to see what you are going to do next!

    Regards Mrs Bozikis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Year 2
    I love your Truffula trees! They look fantastic. You are doing so much teeeerrrifffic work 2B!
    Kind regards
    Mrs Jessop

    ReplyDelete