Saturday 31 March 2012

Last Day of Term 1

Today was a lovely last day of the term.  We began the day with a whole school Easter Liturgy.  The Year 2 children sang Share This Meal With Me beautifully and remembered all the actions.






  After this we had our Munch and Crunch break and watched a DVD called The Easter Story.  We then broke for lunch and returned to do a combination of fun activities.  The children chose from the following;

  • playing on the Macs on our class blog links
  • finger puppets
  • a new pirate game which was lots of fun (even though I didn't win!)
  • making an I Spy Easter Book from our I Spy Easter Tub
  • two brain teaser puzzle games which required a lot of trial and error 
  • 3D I Spy card game



















Most children made a comment on our blog about what animal they would like to be for a day.  They had some interesting reasons.  You need to click on the comments to view them all.

We tidied our classroom for the holidays and watched the end of the DVD.  Lastly, we had time for a few games of Hullaballoo which is a fun listening game.

I have added some new links under the Sight Words Tab and the Spelling Tab to help you learn your words for Term 2.  Have a great holiday.  Ms Taylor





8 comments:

  1. I like all the pictures. Maybe you could put our egg roll pictures on the blog. by Luka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs Taylor,
    thank you for taking photos of the children. I really like Luka and Theo's photo. It's nice to see that they are such good friends.
    Yes, you are right--there were some interesting comments on the post about what animal would the children like to be for a day. I was puzzled by Luka's reason, I have to admit, until he explained to me why he wrote it.
    Kind regards and thank you for everything! Have a nice Easter break.
    Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think the eggs dropping are really cool and I asked Mum to show me your blog to see if they were still there. My favourite photo was the one of Freya and the finger puppets. They look awesome. Callum looks like he is having fun on the computer with Xavier. I thought the Easter Liturgy was really good and liked watching the video with Mum.
    From Beth 2A

    ReplyDelete
  4. H 2B, your first term in Grade 2 looks terrific - well done to all. I'm Ethan's Grandma and we have Ethan and his brother Darcy up with us at Stanthorpe helping with the olive harvest. We have picked lots of olives and Ethan found two very large caterpillars (as big as his hand.. Tried to keep them to show you all but they escaped. Have a great term 2.
    From Ethan's Grandma Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Grandma Lyn. I am glad Ethan is having an adventure with you. If you take some photos of him harvesting olives I would love to see them. Ethan is enjoying the blog and so am I. Ms Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun playing games.Love Freya.

      Delete
  6. The last day of term was so fun because we got to do lots of activities. I can't wait for term 2 to start so I can do running writing! from Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you won't be too disappointed Claudia but we only learn entries and exits in Year 2. Perhaps by term four you might be joining some letters up. Ms Taylor

    ReplyDelete